This is an article on Top Slack Alternatives which provides Team Communication specially for our readers out there. We have elaborated several alternatives for you to refer to. For those who are in an organization and looking for a good tool that they can use, well here is the right article for ’em.
As we know that Slack App is the world’s leading name in the communication tool’s market. But we are here to talk about how the other competitors match up the Slack app.
If you are looking for Slack Alternatives then this article has it all for you. Continue reading it to know more.
Best Slack Alternatives
Firstly, we know that Slack App has so many features that allow team collaboration. It distinctively allows users to integrate with other social networking attires for communication. Additionally, Slack has a well manageable system interface that allows users to communicate through various channels.
Well, there are other apps in the market too that are well organized, manageable and account for better team communication. In this very first section of our article, we will be discussing these Slack Alternatives for our readers. Consider this list, with short description, of the alternative apps;
- HipChat: This app has been around since 2009. HipChat is the best option for those financially constrained organizations that require such a tool. It is one of the best apps for team collaboration due to its features. The app allows private as well as group chats, Files management, and share access to guest in a secured manner, etc. The HipChat app is mainly a buzz for its pricing and the terms of its services that makes it one of the best Slack Alternatives.
- Bitrix24: The app is for teams that are always busy with different projects in a financial year. Bitrix24 is also an attention winner for small or startup businesses due to its pricing and services. The app has one-to-one and conference video calling setup feature in it. This way more than two people can orient themselves in the communication. It allows ease of access to files, retain information like meetings, client orders, etc.
- Hall: Next is Hall. This is an app and web service that offers the benefits of the communication tools that a definite organization needs. Hall allows data syncs across all your secure devices. This will help the user to not miss even a single notification that prompts in. It offers integration with several apps or services relating to the business or data. The app is available for free and for premium subscription of $4/month with extra features.
- eXo Platform: This is an allrounder app that has everything from chatting tools to system collaboration tools. It is for those well-established apps that require the communication and organization of people and work. This app can be subjected to a higher range of pricing as it costs from $1200 for 25 users to $8000 for 250 users. These rates are for individual self-hosted variants. For Cloud variants, the cost is about $3 per month. This app is compatible with Android and iOS devices both.
- Mattermost: Mattermost is an open source app for the purpose. It offers several premium features from the Slack app, absolutely free on its platform. Mattermost allows you to import data, users, channels, and access web hosting for free. In the text messaging also, the app has many variations from regular messaging like thread highlighting, link display,etc. Furthermore, the users can have a single account for the use with several teams or channels in the app’s platform. Supports all devices like Android, iOS, Windows OC, Mac OS, and Linux too.
- RocketChat: In addition to these Slack Alternatives, we have the RocketChat app. This is also a slick and decent alternative to the Slack App download. It works well with mobile device integrations and supports Android, iOS, Windows, Linux, and Mac. RocketChat allows the user to have audio and video calling, and live web chats for conference calling.
With so many Slack alternatives to choose from, we guarantee that the finders of this information will definitely get the benefit. There are many other alternatives using the web that you can also check out. For example, SpiderOak Semaphor, Ryver, Moxtra, Fleep, Cisco Spark, Azendoo, etc. Use our information or look for more and try the best Slack Alternatives for your organization.
Slack vs HipChat
As you can see, the title suggests a comparison between the two apps. Well, Sack and HipChat are two competitors that offer organization based communication tools. First, we will go about by introducing both the apps from their general descriptions.
Slack is an app which allows real-time messaging and orientation of search results for modern businesses. On the other hand, HipChat is a simple yet unique chatting app that allows communication through integration, media & human resource management through its platform.
The comparison between the two would come up with the number of services and features each has to offer and the rate at which these features cost. The win for features is definitely for Slack as it gives more through its platform. The HipChat may be lagging in some features but it does offer some basic key features that make the organization of work and people easy.
In terms of costing, Slack offers basic features for free and other extra features at cost of about $6 per month. The cost to get HipChat also varies with the two types of subscriptions; they can be free or $2 per month for paid service. So, at an overall lookout, we believe that Slack App is still more versatile than the HipChat App.
Slack vs Skype
Next, we will compare Slack with Skype app. Both are nearly popular to each other and maintain positive reviews from users. We know how Slack can integrate with many apps including Skype. This gives an advantage for Slack App Skype cannot integrate with multiple outlook apps as such.
Skype is quite old in terms of generation release and time span over the growth of the app. Slack is new and improved with several excessive features in its backup. Skype’s key features include the following; Chatting, video or pictures sharing, Screen sharing, audio and video calling, file transfer, and more.
The advantages of Skype is that it is free. There is though the Bussiness model of the app that integrates separate functions like channels and meetings, important dates, and other facilities as such. The greatest disadvantage of the Slack App is that it cannot allow the communication outside the organization channel. So, finally to declare we say that both are reasonably competent for the purpose they are intended to do.
Slack vs Yammer
Another comparison that we would like to discuss is the comparison between Slack and Yammer App. Yammer is a great app with premium services that offers reliability with the performance of the system. The app is also one of the best options among the Slack Alternatives.
The key feature of the Yammer is that it has an exclusive content based search feature. The app interacts with the system and displays the exact files and information relating to a particular search. The app keeps updating itself with latest news and company trends as well.
The Yammer app is free for educational organizations, costs $3 for enterprises and about $5 for business administrative organizations. To choose from these two options is depending much on what type of information you would like to share, the networking channels involved and overall communication baseline. Sharp business personnel will encounter to use both the apps at some point of time in their organization.
Slack vs Discord
Finally, we will compare the highly competitive app, Discord, with Slack App. The most important factor to choose an app of theis genre is whether the app offers best team chatting protocol. Based on certain more features and of course, the one we mentioned here, we will soon come to a verdict.
To compare the two, we will list few advantages of both the apps. To start with, here are the advantages of the Discord App;
- Simple user interface,
- Can be used in a browser,
- Ease of setup.
- Single-click invite system.
- Visually appealing, etc..
Now let us see some of the advantages that Slack App has as opposed to its rival app;
- Superb integration with exclusive features on board.
- Polished user interface that suits bussiness personnel.
- Ease of file transfer and recovery from archives.
- Better chatting experience with various different tools.
- Flexible notification methods.
Both apps deserve their success in the collaboration tools and many other similar functions. Well, that leaves us wit the final verdict to declare and which stands with the Slack App. Slack is new and integrates many advantages for people to cordinate organizational communication as well as manage their work.
In conclusion to this article on Best Slack Alternatives for Team Communication, we would like to thank our readers for completing this article. We hope that the information in this article has been useful to most of the readers. If you have any query or wish to send in your feedback, then write to us at Slack App.